Lash Extensions Procedure
The qualified beauty technician will apply the individual synthetic lashes to your natural ones in 1:1 proportion. The false lashes are glued with the help of special, safe adhesive. Synthetic lashes are supposed to last as long as it takes the natural lash to shred. Due to incorrect maintenance, they can also fall out or break earlier. Therefore, it is important to learn how to care for them properly. The whole procedure lasts 1-2 hours during which the client lies down with her eyes closed. The client may choose the lash curl, length and the material it is made of. At the moment, we have synthetic lashes, mink and silk ones. The all differ with the thickness, weight, and price.
Do Lash Extensions Damage My Lashes?
When applied correctly, lash extensions should not damage your natural hair. The technician ought to apply the synthetic lashes only to mature or teenage natural lashes. Baby lashes should be left alone so that they can continue to grow strong and thick. It is also important that the right size and thickness of false lashes is chosen. If the synthetic lash is too heavy, the natural lash may not be able to carry the additional weight and it may be weaken as the result.
How to Maintain Lash Extensions
There are a few rules that you should follow having the lash extensions done.
- Right after the treatment, do not wet your lashes. The first three days are crucial as the adhesive is setting and you do not want to interfere with the way it works. Do not wash your hair for at least 48hrs and remove your make up omitting the eye area. If possible, restrain yourself from hot bath or shower.
- The waterproof make-up especially mascara is forbidden, if possible stop using mascara at all. Your lashes should be looking great already and you do not want to destroy this amazing look by fiddling with your lashes with mascara brush.
- Use oil-free make up remover. Any kind of oil dissolves the lash adhesive so make sure you do not apply any kind of oil based eye cream or that you use any OCM (The Oil Cleansing Method) anywhere close to your eyes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, do not rub, or tug them. Remember- the less you touch your synthetic lashes, the longer they will remain in good condition.
- Do not use the lash curler as it may break the bond between the synthetic lash and the natural one. If your lashes are in a mess you can use the lash brush to comb them to give them required shape.
- Carry the umbrella with you at all times
What is the post Lash Extensions treatment?
False lases may make your lashes a bit weaker, it is important that you take care of their proper nourishment when still wearing the extensions. Many good lash serums applied on the lash line can strengthens natural lashes. The lash serums such as Revitalash or Nanolash are oil-free and they do not dissolve the extensions adhesive. The lash enhancers nourish lash roots and they promote healthy hair growth. If used regularly, you are sure that your lashes will grow long and thick.